Lounge Lady

“Yes you can come to the pyjama party too!”

‘Lounge Lady’ pyjamas sounds so much nicer than ‘Lounge Jockey’ pyjamas

(what my family has dubbed them because of the print on the fabric 🙁 )

What ever you’d like to call them, they are finished!!

As promised the pattern for the top is now available as a PDF download on my VV Free  page.

UK size 10 to 12 , bust 34-36″. Pretty easy to grade to a larger size .

There’s more info on size, fabric requirements etc in the PDF.

Any  loose wide legged pattern will work for the bottoms. I did my Pjs in thin silk… no surprises there if you’ve been reading my blog for a while,  it’s just the fabric I particularly like working with.

A thin drape-y rayon or cotton would work just as well too.

And remember pyjamas are not just for sleeping- there are Beach Pyjamas, Hostess Pyjamas, Evening Pyjamas…

Read a very brief  history of pyjamas here

‘Lounge Jockey’ printed silk

For beach or sleeping!

Beach Pyjamas at Monte Carlo 1930s

Louise Brooks, 1920s

1. joyce cordero
    Jul 09, 2016 @ 18:23:22

Oh yes. I have been seeking patterns such as these. Kindly thank youl

2. Jaimn+
    Jun 02, 2016 @ 17:38:10

I have been reading your blog for a few years, and enjoy your posts; thank you for sharing your talents.
    Is there anyone willing to share their pictures of this top in a larger size? It looks adorable, but so many things on a small top look cute until you get over 36″. It seems that many bloggers/companies are creating a Pinterest board with followers’ uploads. Just asking – thanks!

Jun 03, 2016 @ 09:24:27

Thank you!
      I haven’t seen any versions graded up to larger sizes…. doesn’t mean there aren’t any, just that no one has showed me theirs. I did set up a Flickr board for VeraVenus a year or so ago but the uptake was so minimal that I didn’t continue with it. Perhaps I’ll try Pinterest instead.
      Personally I think it would look just as good in larger sizes and if you take the plunge and grade it up for yourself please do show me what you make! The Threads grading guide linked to in my sidebar is the best of its kind.

3. celine
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 20:15:43

Hello and thank you so much for this great pattern!
    just wondering..is there a pattern of the bottom part of the pj? is it a skirt or trouser?
    Sorry for my english,

Mar 24, 2015 @ 22:04:24

Celine, I used the pattern from my French Knickers to make the pj bottoms. On my VV Free page is the pattern in two sizes and also a tutorial to draft to your own measurements. The tutorial shows how to adapt the knickers into pj bottoms whether or not you use one of the already made patterns on the page or draft your own.

Feb 01, 2013 @ 04:29:00

love the outfit

5. sewexhausted
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 01:42:02

Just found you- (Ya- WAY late to the party!) Does the pdf work any more? I would love to make a pair of these for myself!

6. VeraVenus
    Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:20:00

Your comments are all very much appreciated, thank you!

If, when anyone gets to using the pattern, you have any making questions just use the contact form and I’ll be happy to help.

7. Jill
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 22:33:14

Stunning! And thank you for posting your pattern for everyone!!

8. Sarah Elizabeth
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 22:15:25

Thank you! I have been drooling over the simplicity pattern you posted previously – and now I can make my own…or attempt to any way. Beautifully done!

9. Louise
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 21:46:56

I found your blog through sew retro. These are fantastic PJ’s. I definitely need some glamorous loungewear, so these are going to feature quite highly on my ‘to make’ list.

10. Bold Sewist
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 20:51:34

Such beautiful elegant pyjamas! Lovely!

11. Debbie
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 15:40:08

What great PJs, I agree with everyone above, way to nice for just bed. I would want to wear them all day.

Great blog by the way.

12. Sophie (monbouton)
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 08:36:12

I love this top! I happen to have something similar in RTW and couldn’t find an equivalent pattern to make it again, thanks to you, I now have it and will be adding it to my sewing queue. I’m glad to have discovered your blog through the pyjama party 🙂

13. theperfectnose
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 01:53:52

Nice! The fabric is very interesting, I thought at first that it was jersey! Thanks also for the pretty vintage pics.

14. eumoronorio
    Apr 28, 2012 @ 21:59:50

Wow those are just amazing! Love “em! sewingforme.wordpress.com

15. Kristine Hudson
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 13:56:50

So beautiful, .I love!! My shortie pj’s are fun,(and probably a little youngish for me, but who cares! :D).. I cant wait to try yours. Thank-you so much!!

16. VeraVenus
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:13:54

thank you! 🙂
    The pattern, lengthened, would make a nice dress too I think….

17. Anna
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 09:53:35

~swoons~ Those are so gorgeous! I’ve been meaning to make something like this for ages and now I really need to move this to the top of my list!

Apr 26, 2012 @ 07:29:08

I agree too nice for bed!

19. RoseLaMer
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 02:00:27

This is gorgeous!! Excellent job. I love the style, and I adore the fabric choice you made. I want it.

20. Jennifer Quick.
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 01:10:19

Wow, too lovely to waste on going to bed! I bought a couple of basic salwar kameez for lounging around in, like your PJs, elegant enough to entertain guests in:)