The 1940s Pleated Coat Pattern goes Live!

VVCoatPatterncoverVV1940PleatedCoat

You can have a gander at the coat instructions here to see if it is something you’d like to make…. and if so here is the coat page also linked to in the top menu bar above under  ‘VVPattern Shop’. (yep two patterns for sale so it’s officially a SHOP 🙂   )  The pattern price and many questions are answered on the coat page so do have a look but if you still have a question about just use the comment form on that page.

Aside

1. Brigitte
    Feb 10, 2016 @ 16:11:10

Bonjour, Je vois ce joli manteau, c’est extraordinaire ! félicitations !

amicales pensées de France,
    Brigitte

Hello, I see this attractive coat, it is extraordinary! Congratulations!

Friendly thoughts of France,
    Brigitte

2. Wendy Bayford
    Dec 24, 2015 @ 00:47:51

Wow this has blown me away it’s fabulous!!!!

3. Draped in Cloudlets
    Dec 17, 2015 @ 13:03:40

Oh, this is so pretty! It’s a bit too large for me so I really hope that enough people will by it out, I’d love to make this pattern 🙂

Dec 18, 2015 @ 19:58:12

Thank you, I would love to see what you’d make with it! And I saw your 50’s dress on Burda Style…. reallypretty!! Gorgeous fabric choice 🙂

4. CarmencitaB
    Dec 16, 2015 @ 08:13:20

This is amazing! Thank you!

5. ThreadTime
    Dec 15, 2015 @ 22:26:19

Stunning coat. You did such a beautiful job.

6. Fred the Needle
    Dec 15, 2015 @ 10:20:55

Oh my – I bow down and worship at the fantabulous talented lady you are! This coat is divine! I haven’t tested my tailoring skills yet, but this may very well tempt me! Thank you for sharing this with us, it is generous.

7. missallen
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 22:21:57

It’s a glorious coat! So much beautiful detail and exquisite tailoring! Alas, I live in Arizona, and would only be able to wear something like that perhaps 3 or 4 days a year. : (

8. robbie
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 20:21:51

Stunning impeccable work! Love it!

9. Evie
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 18:37:00

I have always thought this coat was absolutely stunning, and I think once I finish the coat tailoring project I’m currently working on I may have to pick up this pattern from you.

10. Anna
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 17:30:14

I have been wondering if I could make it into a wintercoat (I have been searching for the perfect one, and now I have nearly finished my first coat, it is for the autumn and spring weather). To make it a wintercoat, I would use a cashmere-wool-cotton blend, which, of course, has some volume to it. I wonder if it is possible to do so

• Anna
      Dec 14, 2015 @ 17:33:58

ah, I have just wound the instructions, that answers my question, so medium fabrics at most

Dec 14, 2015 @ 17:43:38

yes, medium fabrics and interlining the lining… that will make it warmer too but still not the coat for truly frigid winters.

11. j1818
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 08:56:30

Great coat! I’m so glad you finally got the pattern and instructions done.

12. Juliette Essen-Hartings
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 08:29:38

I absolutely love this coat. Beautiful!

13. Roslyn
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 07:51:49

Love the coat pattern! I dont need coats where i live but this is beautiful!

14. Karen Harvey
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 07:30:09

Please please please do this in tiled PDF for a printer 🙂 I personally have had 60 page PDF prints for a Siren suit and a 30’s coat and whilst they take longer and require accuracy, I find they are worth it. However, with the cost of the PDF AND the cost of professional printing, it’s not currently a pattern I would find viable. Thanks

Dec 14, 2015 @ 08:21:59

Hi Karen, I have now set it up for tiling 🙂 But I’m sorry you feel the price is too high…. £14 doesn’t even cover one hour of my time as a professional pattern cutter and this project took me two solid weeks of pattern proofing, correcting and writing instructions!

15. ELAINE
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 07:29:54

I just loved this coat. Thanx for the pattern

16. Susanne Wolf
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 07:03:10

The coat is really beautiful! I hope you will offer the pattern in smaller sizes. If I understand correctly the pdf is for a large pattern sheet/ needs to be printed in a copy shop? Which format is it exactly? I would like to ask in the local copy shop about the prices for printing.

Dec 14, 2015 @ 08:24:58

Thank you Susanne, how much smaller would you need? I was planning on going down to a UK 8/US 4. The paper size required is E series ( US or Canada) The actual dimensions of the pdfs are on the coat page I linked to above.

17. Lisa
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 04:38:43

I absolutely LOVE this coat! The pleats are amazing. I wish the pattern was a bit bigger to fit me!

18. koreakiwi
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 03:36:08

This coat is amazing! I’m eagerly awaiting the larger sizes (I’m sure it will be a hit).

19. margaret
    Dec 14, 2015 @ 01:04:37

That coat has exquisite lines. I’m so glad you were able to bring it back. Thanks