A vintage style coat with clean lines and a strong shouldered period silhouette; the shaped waist and swinging pleats of the back skirt contribute a very feminine feel. The pattern retains all the interesting details which the original period coat it is based on had: the curved front darts continuing on from the princess seam which then echo the pocket line, the side-front darts which give shape to the fitted waist and create the period ‘draped’ fit of the side bodice and of course the big square shoulders.
Sewing difficulty is Advanced. I highly recommend making a muslin before hand. Though some of the pattern details may seem odd in construction to a modern sewer they all add to the uniqueness of this coat and are not difficult for an experienced sewer to do. The 7 page text instructions cover the order of construction alongside some clear line drawings demonstrating the ‘tricky’ bits. A page of helpful pattern alteration tips is included as well.
The digital (pdf) coat pattern is sold in single sizes , this is *not* a multi-size pattern. Available sizes are UK 8 through UK 18. VIEW SIZE CHART The pdf options are as tiled or full size files. The tiled pdfs are complete with trimming guides, assembly instructions and a visual assembly map. Each page is identified with the set, column and row it belongs to should the whole pile fall on the floor while printing (it happens!) . There is also a ‘Print Me First’ page with a 10cm square to check your printer is sizing the page properly. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (or similar pdf viewer) to open and print the pdf. The full size pdf is A0 width (84.1cm or 33 inches) and requires large format roll printing.
Read the original post about how this coat pattern came into being here.
Fabric information is shown in the image below.
The price of this original and unique coat pattern is £14 per size *
TO ORDER: Use the form below.
There are 3 paper size options to choose from:
- Full size pattern requires large format roll printing. Sizes 8 & 12 are on 3 x A0 width sheets. Size 18 is on 3 x A0 width sheets and 1 xA1 sheet. (A0=84.1cm/33″ wide. A1=59.4/23.4″ wide)
- A4 tiled- depending on pattern size 68-84 pages arranged into 3-4 separate pattern sheets
- US tiled – depending on pattern size 68-84 pages arranged into 3-4 separate pattern sheets.
- Choose your pattern size. As many pattern drafters use slightly different measurements per size perhaps a good idea to double check your measurements against my size chart. VIEW SIZE CHART
- If you only have a question please choose the last option and make sure no size or paper option is also selected .
When I receive your order I will send a PayPal invoice to the email you have given so be sure it is correct. Once payment has been received I will email your pattern to you within 24 hours at the most… generally far less!
If payment is not received within 3 days and no contact has been made from the purchaser, then I will cancel the invoice.
*Important: the pattern is sold in single sizes, not as a multi-size. And again, the price is per size. Also please do take a moment to read the usage conditions in my Terms & Conditions
Recently I have had a few spam/hoax orders. If your order contains multiple size selections I will email you to confirm this is indeed what you intend before I send a PayPal invoice.
- Why no instant download you may wonder? Read about VATMOSS… a nightmare for micro businesses that sell digital downloadables in the EU.